Saturday, August 11, 2012

ManicuredSlayer's Brush Collection

I really don't know how it happened. Perhaps it was years of using those icky foam eyeshadow applicators that fell apart after a few uses. Or brushes that looked like they were having a really bad hair day.

But somehow, when I stepped into the world of Beauty Blogging I discovered an ocean of brushes, all shapes and sizes and colors. Somehow I became quite smitten.

It started with a set from The Body Shop, on clearance for such a great deal, with an adorable clutch case, I couldn't resist.


There are a few Eco Tool brushes and a brush from Meow Cosmetics in there as well.


I will admit, I don't know what all the brushes are used for, but it's nice to have an assortment!



Speaking of Eco Tools, I liked the idea of the earth-friendly selections available. So in addition to some regular brushes, I got a travel set. They are perfect and fit nicely in my makeup bag (to be discussed in a future post).

And then I discovered Sephora....and one of my favorite reality stars....Kat von D...



Yeah, there's that adorable case that sucks me in as well as the lovely soft brushes. I think somewhere in my mind I think if I have the same brushes I'll get the same look. HA!

Then I heard alot of buzz about Crown brushes, and there was a really great sale on Hautelook.....



Come ON, how could I resist so many brushes? AND a cute faux reptile bag in PINK??? Inconceivable!!!!

At some point these darlings jumped into the collection:


Baby/Flat Bukis! CUTENESS because everything that is smaller is adorable, right?

The Tokidoki Obsession of 2011-2012 (which is still going strong) brought home this set that I managed to track down after they were gone from Sephora.....




The 24Kt Pittura set was mine! And look at those super kawaii charms!!!

And then....the latest craze hit.......the Japonesque Safari Brushes!




How freaking cute are these?? And so so so SOFT. I mean, I did have Beauty dollars to spend at Beauty.com, so I had to get them, right?

So there you have it. My stash is....rather extensive. For now, they reside here:


Merida ROCKS.

I think my collection is complete. I think. I have been eyeing that new LE Kat von D brush set though......

Do you have a favorite brush brand? Do you know what each brush is to be used for? How do you even learn those things? They never seem to come with instructions : /




9 comments:

  1. Great brush collection! I'm a brush junkie myself =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tokidoki brushes are too cute! And brushes can be so confusing, I can't figure out an eyeshadow brush from a concealor one haha. But TheNonBlonde has a really good guide to make up brushes, with what each type does and her favorites for each http://www.thenonblonde.com/p/makeup-brush-guide.html
    I noticed she doesn't have eye brushes yet but this site gives a nice simple description and is useful in figuring out what shaped brush does what http://beautyhigh.com/a-guide-to-makeup-brushe/
    Great collection and hope those help with figuring out some of the uses! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH for those links!!! I will save those and study them ;) I mean I think you could probably do your own thing but it would be nice to know more than what a few are for (like blusher/bronzer/eyeshadow). You rock Liz Cat :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Nice collection! I got three brushes from The Body Shop (from their mineral line - eyeshadow, Blusher Kabuki, and Foundation Kabuki) during their after Christmas sale last year for $3.33 each (!!) and they are my favorites. Other than those, I've only ever tried brushes from e.l.f.'s studio line, which were nice for the price.

    Also, not really face-makeup related, I use e.l.f. concealer brushes (the cheapo white ones from Target) for nail polish cleanup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I try to use my nail brushes for nail cleanup and it's only been partially successful. So I was thinking of using some old makeup brushes to try next.

      Delete
  4. I'm jealous of the Tokidoki, Kat Von D & those new Japonesque! I almost got those the other day! But I just got the new Starlooks ones and am really enjoying them- I have a brush addiction as well :) Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can only get one, get the Japonesque! They are SOOOO cute and amazingly soft. Of course I haven't actually *used* them yet but the adorable factor makes them a WIN! ;)

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely brush collection! *__*
    In my mind Kat Von D kit is the ideal look for a brush set, and I hope to can buy it 8and the new one) in the future, but it's pretty expensive for me. Ecotools kit is very interesting, too, I love brushes with short... THAT! I don't know how it's called where you handle the brush in english, sorry XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Missed you :)

      I am totally lemming the new Kat von D brush set! And Sephora just came out with a set--the bristles are multicolored with purple and such--adorable!!

      I think the word you're looking for is handle? That's what I'd call it anyway. And yes, they feel good, just the right length, not too heavy or light, and the natural material (I think bamboo) feels nice.

      *HUGS*

      Delete