Wednesday, March 28, 2012

11 Things

I didn't get tagged personally so I am grateful to Cristina at Let Them Have Polish for doing an open tag. I am doing the same thing--if you'd like to play along, go for it! You'll post 11 things about yourself; Answer my 11 questions, and post 11 questions of your own (then tag or don't). Feel free to put the link to your post in comments :)

11 Things about Me:
1. I have 6 neurological and autoimmune diseases, and have been dealing with them for 17 years.

2. I just found out I need *another* hernia surgery (thanks to the one I had in December OY) and I have a nodule on my thyroid. So I'm freaking just a bit. Or a lot.

3. In my life I have wanted to be: a zookeeper, a veterinarian, a mom, writer, actress, musician, run a wildlife rehabilitation facility.

4. In reality, I am a mom, writer, musician, book reviewer, quilter/crafter, and pet owner. I did rehabilitate a wild rat.

5.I collect copies of Gone with the Wind (book). Among them, my favorites are my 1936 edition (1st year but not 1st edition), a 2-vol copy in Vietnamese, and the latest version--gorgeous cover.

6. I write House MD fanfic. It's very Mary Sue-esque but I love it and it keeps my mind off #1.

7. One of my favorite accessories are hats. I have an Indiana Jones fedora, Daisy Duck hat, and just got Pirates of the Caribbean Mouse Ears and a Mad Hatter hat.

8. The colors that have me totally obsessed right now are hot pink, mermaid teal, and I'm getting sucked in by Pantone's Tangerine Tango

9. I can read things if they are upside-down.

10.  I have probably well over 4,000 books

11. Pets I want to own: pug, Newfoundland, *true* potbelly mini-pig, tarantula, more fish, leopard chameleon, mini horse, duck, swan (I'd love an aviary), snake (but only if it eats insects), bengal & savannah cats and possibly a pixie bob.

11 Questions from Christina
1. If you could be ANY nail polish color from any brand, which color would you be and why? Either an Ozotic multichrome or Liquid Euphoria Bliss.....I am very eclectic and love to wear vibrant colors, have lots of interests, consider myself mulit-faceted.


2. What food could you eat until you got sick? Chocolate. All Types, all forms, all flavors

3. What is your favorite item of clothing that you could wear every day? My nose ring 

4. What is your least favorite part of your beauty routine? Facial hair ugh.

5. What is the craziest thing you have ever done to your hair? You'd think I'd say dyeing it pink/purple but I think the most drastic was having it go from below my shoulderblades to my earlobes in length. I cried. Though I'm about to have it cut even more drastic (shorter) and dyed hot pinkish red.

6. At what age did you start wearing make up? 15. My parents were uber strict.

7. What is something you do once in a while just to pamper yourself? Get my hair done in a salon. But with my head/neck issues it hurts to do that anymore :(

8. What is your favorite 90's TV show? Buffy the Vampire Slayer (duh)

9. Everyone always asks "What is your favorite song?". I'm gonna go the opposite way. What is a song that gets on your nerves? Ok the only thing I can think of--and bear with me--is The National Anthem. Here's why: I love to perform it for sporting events. But I do it old-school, traditional, no embellishments. So when I hear a performer who really has no business embellishing it, or sings it way to slow, or doesn't know the words (biggest. peeve. ever.) or sings wrong notes (there's a sharp in there that some sing as a natural and that is my 2nd biggest peeve ever) or god help us all, starts the song out too high and kills the high note......yeah a little part of me dies inside. I am NOT a pro but at least I sing the song with the respect it deserves and do it well.

10. What is your favorite book? Gone with the Wind

11. Kitties or Puppies? GAWD that's hard....tho I'm going to say puppies ONLY because kittehz have sharp bitty claws that hurt.


MY 11 Questions for you:
1. What is your best feature?
2. What beauty item are you most obsessed about?
3. If you could have any characteristic of any animal, which animal and what characteristic?
4. Holodecks--Star Trek fantasy or future reality?
5. Do you read the book first or watch the movie first?
6. Favorite candy?
7. One day with any person, living or dead--
8. Do you believe in the paranormal? Why/why not?
9. Favorite trend
10. Most hated social media
11. Vinyl, tape, CD, or MP3?



No comments:

Post a Comment