Saturday, October 6, 2012

NOTD: Toucan Touch This!

Ever since I saw a bottle shot of KBShimmer's Toucan Touch This, I was absolutely IN LOVE. So much so, that this song was running through my head nearly daily until the polish was released:


 


I was having troubling coming up with a manicure. Polish block of the worst kind. But when I was swatching my newest stash, a few polishes jumped out at me and I knew I'd found some polishes that could play well together!



L-R Nail Pattern Boldness Seppuku with a Frisbee over Julep Sasha, NPB Flipping Out Hard over Julep Sasha, NPB Seppuku over Butter London Squatter, NPB Flipping over Butter London Squatter


KBShimmer Toucan Touch This over Butter London Squatter



Deborah Lippmann Ridge Filler (GREAT base coat)


KBShimmer Toucan Touch This



Extreme Bottle Closeup!

Nail Pattern Boldness Flipping Out Hard, Seppuku with a Frisbee





NPB Seppuku with a Frisbee (I'd LOVE to know the backstory to the name!)

NPB Flipping Out Hard



Butter London Squatter, Julep Sasha
These made GREAT "underwear" for the fancy topcoats!

Deborah Lippmann On a Clear Day, Julep Quick Dry Topcoat
They smoothed out the glitter just fine and added a nice shine (NPB does dry a bit matte)


When my son saw my nails, he said "Oh you're wearing Floam!" (Yes I am so proud of my son for knowing certain polishes lol). But it did make me wonder how close they were, so a comparison of bottle shots was due:



You can see that NBP Flipping Out Hard is more Green with yellow, and Nail-Venturous Floam is more Aqua with yellow. But the consistency is the same as it is for most "matte mini glitters", a bit gritty, dries mostly matte, and needs some good topcoat to smooth it out/add shine. I'm glad I have both!

You can find Nail Pattern Boldness on Etsy and NOW on Llarowe!!


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Orange and lime green look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun nails! I love how all the different polishes work together really well

    ReplyDelete