Monday, June 11, 2012

NOTD: Tango for Ten!

As many in the beauty world know, Pantone declared Tangerine Tango to be the Color of the Year. I think perhaps this unique color was a bit of surprise for us. I may love tangerines--I do live in FL--but wear it?

I do have an orange bathroom....and while it is a different shade, it is bright and cheery.

But when Sephora--this girl's best friend--teamed up with Pantone for Limited Edition cosmetics, the nailpolishes were the first I grabbed. And what do you know....I LIKE orange!

 

It's no surprise to my readers that I LOVE "skittle manicures" (a different polish for every nail). It's a fun way to try out more than a couple of polishes in my stash. But the first time I did this one, I didn't keep track of which polish was on which nail. And then it started looking meh.....so I did it again!


From Thumb to Pinky:
  1. Sephora Burst of Mango Cream
  2. Sephora Drama Velvet Pearl
  3. Sephora Torrid Shimmer
  4. S+PU Tangerine Tango Glitter over Sephora Burst of Mango Cream
  5. Sephora+Pantone Universe Tangerine Tango Shimmer over Sephora Burst of Mango Cream
I absolutely love how the Sephora polishes work with the Sephora+Pantone Universe collection. Some needed a base color, and Mango Cream worked beautifully. The formula was a little thin, and while I had trouble getting the polish looking perfect, adding a topcoat made it look great. I have tipwear here (sorry) but it really does hold up well. 



From Thumb to Pinky:
  1. Zoya Rica over Sephora Burst of Mango Cream
  2. Zoya Tanzy over Sephora Burst of Mango Cream
  3. Zoya Gabrielle over Sephora Burst of Mango Cream (sorry nubbin!)
  4. Sephora+Pantone Universe Tangerine Tango
  5. Zoya Sienna over Sephora Burst of Mango Cream
Why yes I DO have lots of orange polishes LOL. Part of that was getting polishes for Halloween, the others, I was drawn to because the shimmer reminds me of my Candy Parrot Chiclid fish.

A word on the Zoya polishes--yes, they all look extremely similar. I would say if you have one or even two, you don't need all of them. I think Rica and Gabrielle were my faves. No surprises on the finish--they definietly need a base color. Perhaps over different shades they would show their variances.

And now.....THE Tangerine Tango.....IS A JELLY!!! Over the past year I have been trying to suss out the difference between all the different types of polishes. While I've read about jelly polishes I just....didn't get it. Until it was on my hand and the lightbulbs went off. I think I actually squealed. Yeah I'm a Beauty Nerd that way! It has beautiful application, and 2 coats was perfect. There was a bit of visible nail line but putting on an undercoat took away from the jelly goodness.

 Left Hand Polishes (L-R: Pinky through Thumb)
I didn't realize I had reversed them.
And YES these are oranges. Not tangerines. Alas, it is not tangerine season :(




RH Polishes (Thumb to Pinky)

There were 2 polishes, one from each Sephora/Sephora+Pantone Universe collections that I did not use in this mani. Sephora Vivid Metallic was really a bit more brown than orange. Sephora+Pantone Universe has Tangerine Tango as a matte finish as well.

I was able to get a candid photo during a down moment.....here is an exclusive!


And now, the final curtain call!




Do you like orange for a polish? Have you picked up any of these? It's a great collection!

And in the spirit of tango....I leave you with some of my favorite Tango videos!






Stay pretty ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment