Sunday, November 13, 2011

SlayerStyle: Dreamy Pink Heaven Mani

I have been hunting down some awesome hot pinks and fuschia polishes lately. I *love* pink, and sometimes, the brighter, the better.

And I think I've found my Holy Grail of Pink Manicures, at least for now.

Behold: Dreamy Pink Heaven





For this, I used a layer of Butter London's Horse Power Nail Fertilizer, then a bottom coat of Deborah Lippmann's Rock Hard.

Next, I did 3 coats of DL's Makin' Whoopee. I could have probably let it go at 2 but I could still see VNL. It went on easily. All the DL polishes dried super quick too--usually this many layers I have to be extra careful for awhile, but no problem this time!

On my Ring fingers, I used DL's Stairway to Heaven--it's a sheer base with opalescent glitter. But after putting it on my nail, it ACTS like a flakie! I am SO in love with this polish! It was easy to get the glitter evenly across the nail very quickly.

On the rest of my fingers, I used DL's Dream a Little Dream of Me--a pink pearlescent base with tiny blue/green shimmer. The pictures just don't do it justice. Still working on trying to get good macros. One coat of this, and again, dried easily.

I ended with one coat of DL's Rock Hard. SO all those layers, they dried quickly and it doesn't feel thick. I'd say that's a WIN! And I'm head over heels in love with this manicure, I think it's my favorite one so far, one I'm sure to do again in the future.


Close up of Stairway to Heaven glitter/flakie over Makin Whoopee


Closeup of Dream a Little Dream of Me shimmer over Makin Whoopee

Makin Whoopee, Stairway to Heaven, Dream a Little Dream of Me


So, not your average manicure for November, but pinks AND Deborah Lippmann? *Happy Sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Sparkles, yay! I think we need a red and green mani next, for Christmas. Not that I'm pushing holidays or anything... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Not yet, be patient ;) I'm going to do a fall-themed mani for Thanksgiving, THEN I'll be ready to break out my holiday polishes ;) I've done a bunch of dark manis lately, and was DYING to try out my new DL pinks. Pink is my signature color ;)

    *bonus points if you know what movie that's from and who said it*

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Stairway to Heaven is gorgeous:-)! love it:-)

    ReplyDelete