Friday, November 18, 2011

Slayer Obsession: Eyeshadow Palettes!

Even though I love love love and adore all my eyeshadows--Meow, Fyrrinae, My Pretty Zombie, Urban Decay, Tokidoki to name a few--there is something about a mixed eyeshadow palette that makes my heart go pitter patter!

It started with these from Hot Topic (sadly, no longer being sold there):


 
The Blues


The Pinks


The Purples

The shades don't have names, or even a number. They are mostly a cream (I messed it up a bit when I used them recently) with little explosions of complimentary colors, plus black and then some silver glitter. They're a really decent size and by the time I thought I might want backups, they were gone. Poof. At least I got one of each color.

Application went on easy but I didn't use any TFSI so they definitely creased like crazy. Being a cream they are heavier but looked very cool and smoky.

Loving these led me to my next MUST HAVE: The Vincent Longo Pearl X collection (Beauty.com):




Code 6


Novalei


Destiny Rose


Etherea


Luna Beach

Each of these is a freakin work of art. The photos really don't do them justice. Little gems of color are sprinkled across the palette, plus silver and gold. It's like looking at a planet, or a Renoir painting (Destiny Rose). I haven't been able to use these yet--they are just SO pretty!

Are you attracted to any of these? Do certain types of shadows "catch your eye"? (lol couldn't resist).

2 comments:

  1. I see hat you mean by too pretty to use! I think my favorite one of those is Luna Beach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa! That one is so pretty...and really, all their colors were impossible to capture on camera.

    If you think these are too pretty to use, stay tuned--I now understand why some Beauty Mavens have "backups" ;)

    ReplyDelete